Hello! What a wonderful day to create!
In my very first blog post I talked about having the kids make mini fairy garden terrariums as a craft for my daughter’s 6th birthday party. Photos of 2 of those beauties are there. It is surprisingly easy and the children had so much fun.
We made two yesterday as gifts for my daughters teachers. Here is a step-by- step for you to make your own magical goodness!
1. Glass container of your choice. We used mini candle holders. I found Libby glass at Dollar Tree for $1 and Anchor Hocking for 99 cents at Michaels. Both made in the USA, Hooray!
2. Activated charcoal. You can get this at your local pet supply store in the aquarium section. We got ours at PetCo. The charcoal will keep the air in your terrarium clean and prevent microorganisms from growing.
3. River rocks, gardening decor rocks. You can find these in 5lb. bags at Home Depot or Lowes for around $5. I got one there and some smaller bags at Dollar Tree for $1
4. Plants of choice. We used live moss. I purchased ours from Jayson home and garden in Chicago.
5. Magical stones and trinkets for decor.
1. Wash your glass container with hot soapy water and dry.
2. Scoop activated charcoal into your bowl.
3. Add a layer of rocks to ensure proper drainage and help hold water.
4. Place your plant on top of rocks. As we are using moss we do not need a layer of soil.
5. Add your magical items and voila! All done!
I hope you enjoyed this little how to. I certainly enjoyed sharing it with you!
One thought on “Mini fairy garden terrariums”